Went down to Detroit on Friday (13th) to get tested. We have built up enough stem-cells from the 6 shots per day I've been giving myself. Shots aren't too bad. They got the levels up so I'm happy about that!
So today (Monday) starts harvest time. I'm back in Detroit again. I'm told it'll take about 6 hours a day. I have to lie down while they do it. I'm hooked up to a machine that takes out my blood and filters out the stem-cells and plasma and then I get the rest back. This process might take 1, 2 or 3 days. Will keep you updated. These stem-cells will be kept frozen for me until it's time to give them back to their rightful owner. :)
Michelle says I should explain what the stem-cells are. In the most basic terms: stem-cells are immature blood cells made in the bone marrow. They are pure and disease-free. So after I get hit with a HUGE dose of chemo in a couple of weeks, I'll get the stem-cells back and will be able to have disease-free, clean cells to start all over with. (stem-cells are good, not to be confused with EMBRYONIC stem-cells).
As far as other stuff, we are staying in the guest housing down here at the complex. Later when I'm actually in the hospital full-time here, Kay will stay in the guest housing. Will be back in Ludington Wednesday or Thursday. I'll still be in "isolation" as my blood levels build back up again. Can't take any chance catching a cold or flu. I'm not allowed to go to church or the stores or restaurants. If I need to go out, I wear a mask. Feel free to call or write e-mails though.
So please pray for a good harvest. It's the right time of the year for that.
Catch ya later,
John
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment