Friday, May 28, 2010

just another update

So things are going pretty good. I go every 2 weeks to the Cancer Center in Free Soil. This last time, even tho Doc thought my overall numbers weren't too bad, she wants to take a deeper look. So they will be extracting some bone marrow and testing that instead of just testing blood. I had this done once last year. It's a lovely procedure - I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys such pain. (sorry, just a little humor).
Next month I will be having my 6 month pet scan at St. Mary's in Grand Rapids and check-up down in Detroit at Karmanos.

Still regaining strength, balance, sensation in my feet, all ever-so-slowly. A lot of food still tastes terrible too. Have been able to keep the weight I lost off though - so that's a good thing. Hope to stay at this number permanently. Was hoping to be strong enough to march in the Memorial Day parade but instead will be driving my Corvette and representing the Ludington VFW in the parade. Michelle will be riding with me since she is also a member.

On a side note - Kay has kept Michelle and myself busy. She's had a herniated disc in her neck for a few months that caused pain and numbness all down her left arm. Last week she had surgery to repair that (Dr. Hamati in Muskegon). So she is recuperating and doing better each day. She's been wearing a neck brace but will be able to get rid of that next week. Can't lift more than 5 pounds, can't raise hands over her head, and obviously can't turn her head. So we've been taking care of her and all her duties - but we do it with a smile! Will gladly do a few dishes to help her get back to normal and healthy.

I like retirement and miss work at the same time. Actually, I miss my tools and space. Been working on putting together the barn/shop at home with a few things I brought home from my business. Have been able to accomplish a lot of little projects around the home that have been neglected. Was able to go fishing this week finally too with the new son-in-law, Steve.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment